Advertisement – Solèy Haiti Board Member
Solèy Haiti are seeking to appoint a new member to the board of the organisation who will take on the role of Public Relations and Communications Officer.
Board meetings take place on a fortnightly basis.
About Solèy Haiti:
Solèy Haiti became registered as a company in May 2018 and officially became a registered charity with the Charities Regulator in May 2019 receiving our CHY number. Solèy Haiti are based in Dublin.
Our mission is two-fold. Solèy Haiti’s mission is to empower 1) children and teachers through the placement of education and the school at the centre of community priorities and 2) families through the provision of safe and secure housing. This mission of empowerment is one which will continue to evolve in consultation with our local partners and community stakeholders as we build towards our three-year strategic plan for 2021-2024. New Board members will play a key role in the composition of this strategic plan.
About the role:
Solèy Haiti is seeking to recruit for the position of Public Relations and Communications, and it is expected that the successful candidate will bring a range of skills and experiences from the attributes listed:
- A commitment to the mission of Solèy Haiti
- A willingness to fulfil the duties and standards of conduct required of a board member of an organisation with charitable status
- An ability to work effectively as part of a team
Experience and Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Board level experience either as part of a charity or another type of organisation is desirable but not essential
- Experience with website development and upkeep
- Experience with social media campaigns for awareness and fundraising
The duties of the successful candidate will include but are not limited to the following:
- Development of the charity website and social media platforms
- Effective promotion of fundraising and awareness campaigns
- Advertising and volunteer recruitment across all platforms
- Appropriate weekly updates to the charity social media platforms
How to apply:
Please submit a CV and cover letter by 30th November to firstname.lastname@example.org and mark your application for the attention of Patrick O’Neill, Chairperson. You will then be requested to attend an interview at a mutually agreed date either in person or on zoom. Any questions can be directed to the above email address.