The Irish American Football Association (IAFA) is seeking to appoint an experienced Social Media Director who has a strong interest in sport and is willing to volunteer their time to a sporting organisation. This is a volunteer position and the successful applicant will be appointed to a rolling 1-year contract.IAFA is the National Governing Body for American football in Ireland and is recognised as such by Sport Ireland and the International Federation of American Football. At present IAFA is a volunteer-run organisation and there are over 3,000 active members involved in the sport at various levels. American football is a rapidly growing sport in Ireland, and we are expanding our Management team to meet this increased demand.
IAFA is managed by a Board of Management, members of which are elected by the membership, who in turn appoint Directors to manage each section of the sport. The Social Media Director will work across all sections of the sport and will report to the IAFA Board of Management.
The key responsibilities for the role include:
- Implement communication and social media policies for IAFA members
- Work with all sections of the sport to ensure the consistent delivery of the Association’s message and content
- Create engaging brand marketing material
- Oversee the implementation of IAFA’s social media strategy.
- Work with the IAFA Communications Director on public relations matters
- Serve as primary point of contact for all social media queries
- Enhance internal communications among members and clubs
- Work on IAFA events and support the IAFA Team on the day of events.
- Attend meetings and contribute to the strategic development of the sport
- A proven track record of providing strong and successful creative direction for social content.
- You’re passionate about the potential of using social media for achieving meaningful impact through digital channels
- You are confident using social media scheduling and analytics tools including Hootsuite and native channels etc.
Experience of creating multimedia content is a bonus
- Strong copy writing skills with excellent written and verbal skills with good attention to detail
- Experience in promoting brand via social media
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Deadline driven
- Self motivated
- Good administration skills
If you would like to apply for the role of IAFA Communications Director , please send your CV, outlining your qualifications and experience, along with a cover letter outlining your suitability and the names and contact details (phone and email) of two references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit all items in PDF format where possible. Applications will only be accepted up to 25th May 2019. This is a rolling 1-year contract, subject to the directions of the IAFA Board.