Blanchardstown & District Credit Union is seeking applicants for volunteers’ roles on Credit Union Committees.
Every credit union needs a team of volunteers dedicated to ensuring a strong and viable future for all of our members. An individual can develop both personally and professionally by volunteering.
The benefits of Credit Union volunteering include:
- Gaining skills and experience with a professional financial service provider
- Education and training
- Personal development
- Meet new people from the community
- Work on developmental and business projects
- Give something back to the community
Finance, information technology, management and communications skills are particularly welcome. However, any ability to make a contribution is appreciated. There are policies and training in place to support volunteers in their roles. In addition to the induction training programme for all new volunteers, on-going training is available and people are encouraged to develop various skills.
Credit Union committees offer an excellent starting point for new volunteers. These committees provide experience, learning and an active role within the credit union.
- You can start off with one evening a month up to 12 months at the stage
- Committee meetings are taking place in the evenings after 7 pm, a few times a month
- Induction and welcome evening will be arranged at a later date
- Volunteers must be living, working or studying in the catchment area of Blanchardstown & District Credit Union (Dublin 15)
- Significant work experience will be a benefit.
Talk to us and find out what your potential contribution could be. We need people like you.
The Credit Union reserves the right to refuse a person as a volunteer and where appropriate will give a reason for that refusal as Blanchardstown & District Credit Union is bound by the standards of Fitness & Probity, issued by the Central Bank of Ireland.
Please fill in Volunteer Application Form, attach your CV and return to:
Chairperson, Nominations Committee
Blanchardstown & District Credit Union
9/10 Blanchardstown Business Centre, Clonsilla Road, Dublin 15, or