Vantastic operates as a Social Enterprise, Irish registered Charity that offers accessible transport services for people with permanent or temporary mobility difficulties, physical & sensory disabilities and not for profit organisations. In the decade pre-Covid-19, Vantastic experienced substantial growth with staff numbers increasing by 106% to 66, minibus services growing 146% to 132,807 trips annually and turnover up 86% to €2,742,357. We expect that post-Covid-19, Vantastic will continue to experience increased growth.
Legal within Vantastic
The day to day responsibility for Legal compliance is designated by the Board to the CEO. In addition, the organisation retains the service of a professional firm of Solicitors for legal and administrative advice where necessary.
Vantastic is seeking to recruit someone to fill the Non-Executive Director of Legal on our Voluntary Board. We see this role as strengthening the Board skills set and substantially contributing to our ongoing success as we continue to grow and develop our social enterprise and the services it delivers.
General Board Member duties
- An understanding of and commitment to our mission and values
- Serving as a trusted advisor to the CEO and Board members
- Comply with the charity’s governing document
- Ensuring the charity is complying with its charitable purpose for the public benefit
- Acting in the best interest of the charity
- Acting with reasonable care and skill
- Managing the assets of the charity
- Commitment to all legal and fiduciary responsibilities, ensuring compliance with statutory obligations and ensuring best practice in corporate governance.
Experience, Skills and Personal Qualities
- A qualified Legal professional (Solicitor or Barrister), ideally with at least 3 years of senior experience.
- A strong communicator who will be able to advise and support the CEO and Board on the continued development and enhancement of the internal Legal management framework.
- Expertise in areas such as Employment and Commercial Law would be an advantage
- Knowledge of the charities sector would be welcome but not essential
This is a voluntary role.
- Directors serve a three-year term from the date of their appointment and are eligible for two additional terms of three years.
- There are 6 to 7 board meetings a year (c2hr’s per meeting) which are scheduled outside regular business hours. In-person board meetings are held in Dublin with the option to join via video link.
Support & Training
Vantastic has a budget set aside for board director training, and all board members are encouraged to undertake training as part of their new role. Training needs are identified on an ad hoc basis and also through a review process.
Vantastic CLG: Registered Charity No. 20043728, Company Registration No. 323056