Fighting Blindness is seeking a Charity trustee with a Legal background for their Board. If you have experience in this area and want to play a key role in supporting people living with sight loss and empowering patients, we’re keen to hear from you.
General Trustee duties of a Charity Trustee
- Comply with the Charity’s governing document
- Ensuring charity is complying with its charitable purpose for the public benefit
- Acting in the best interest of the charity
- Act with Reasonable Care and Skill
- Manage the assets of your charity
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Inputting to the strategic direction, contributing with insight, oversight, and experience of strategy formulation in other sectors.
- Assisting on legal aspects of the organisation and pertaining to best practice
- Assist with the creation of strategic plans which comply with current legislation and practice
- A Qualified Solicitor or Barrister with at least 5 years’ experience.
- Knowledge of Charity law and expertise in areas such as mergers, charity governance, licensing, HR would be an advantage
There will be approximately six board meetings per year. Meetings are held from 4pm – 6pm on Tuesday evenings. There will be an alternate approach going forward (every other meeting in person).
In person meeting taking place at the premises of Fighting Blindness, 7 Ely Place, Dublin 2. The incoming Trustee will also be expected to join a subcommittee, subcommittees meetings are scheduled two weeks prior to board meetings.