The Irish Foster Care Association is the representative body for foster care in Ireland. Child-centred and rights-based, IFCA promotes excellence in foster care so that children have the best chances in life. IFCA is a Company Limited by Guarantee with a Charity Number.
IFCA is currently looking for an experienced and motivated HR professional to join their Board as a HR volunteer, in an advisory capacity. The Board consists of IFCA management and volunteers from various specialisms and backgrounds. The Board meets once per quarter to discuss HR strategy, policy, practice and application.
We are looking for a HR professional with the following skills/experience:
- Experience of providing advice and consulting to organisation leaders in relation to HR strategy, practices and application
- Demonstrable track record of providing guidance on HR best practice, and application of employment law
- Trustees will ideally be a Senior HR Professional, and have a relevant HR qualification and/or CIPD membership (or equivalent)
Board members are expected to attend approximately six meetings of 1.5hrs duration per year.
- Potential Board Members or sub-group members are asked to send in a CV and a statement of interest in the work of IFCA to Catherine.firstname.lastname@example.org
- CVs will be reviewed by the CEO and Chair of the IFCA Board and suitable applicants shall be invited for an individual interview.
For more information
For more information or an informal discussion, please email Catherine Bond, CEO of IFCA at email@example.com
The Irish Foster Care Association (IFCA) founded in 1981 is the representative body for foster care in Ireland. Child-centred and rights-based, IFCA promotes excellence in foster care for all those involved. Our membership is broad based and includes foster and relative carers, social workers, child care workers, academics and others with an interest in or who are involved in foster care. IFCA has over 1,600 members and provides a range of supports to those who are directly involved in or who have an interest in foster care.
Full details are available on our website at www.ifca.ie