HUGG’s mission is to provide reactive grief support to suicide bereaved adults in Dublin. This is achieved through the provision of peer support groups led by trained volunteers with lived experience, telephone support and information on suicide bereavement. Suicide bereavement training is provided for all volunteer facilitators. HUGG also aims to improve public awareness, support research in Postvention and build contacts with other statutory and voluntary organisations.
For more detailed information, please see hugg.ie
The Role: Company Secretary (Voluntary Role)
HUGG are seeking a Company Secretary. A company secretary typically provides legal and administrative support and guidance to the board of trustees. If you have experience in this area and want to play a role in HUGG we’d be keen to hear from you.
The company is particularly interested in speaking to individuals with a background in the health sector or relevant experience in one or more of the following:
- Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) at national level
- Public Sector Organisation
- The Governance or Legal sector
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Providing input to the strategic direction, contributing with insight, oversight and experience of strategy formulation in other sectors.
- Ensuring that the company complies with all relevant statutory and regulatory requirements
- Overseeing administrative duties, such as taking agenda items and preparing and circulating the agenda and any other papers
- Follow up on decisions taken at meetings in consultation with the chairperson
- Taking of Minutes at Board meetings and making sure these are managed securely and circulated to other members of the Board as soon as possible after the meeting,
- Ensuring membership records are up to date.
Essential Skills/Qualities required for this role
- An appreciation and knowledge of the Not-For-Profit sector
- An understanding of and commitment to our mission and values
- Commitment to all legal and fiduciary responsibilities, ensuring compliance with statutory obligations and ensuring best practice in corporate governance
There are eight board meetings a year. Meetings are held in Dublin or online. Committee meetings or working groups are scheduled as needed.
For more information contact email@example.com