YMCA Dublin is a community-based charity operating as a social enterprise, providing services for children, young people and families. We are the second oldest YMCA in the world and 2019 saw YMCA Dublin’s 170th Birthday.
Built on a social enterprise model, all income we generate goes directly back into funding our local community projects and initiatives, youth work, PlusOne mentoring, community work, community childcare and community employment.
Since 1849 our approach has been to work through mind, body and spirit. We work in and with communities to support individuals, children and young people to develop the skills, experiences, relationships and behaviours for healthy, confident and successful futures.
Our vision is that we believe everyone should have the opportunity to belong to healthy, confident, secure and connected communities.
YMCA Dublin are seeking a trustee with a HR background. If you have experience in this area and want to play a role in helping us, we’re keen to hear from you.
General Trustee duties of a Charity Trustee
- Comply with the charity’s governing document
- Ensuring charity is complying with its charitable purpose for the public benefit
- Acting in the best interest of the charity
- Act with reasonable care and Skill
- Manage the assets of the charity
HR Trustee responsibilities will include the following:
- Input on all aspects pertaining to HR and employment
- Assist with the creation of a HR strategy that will support the scaling up of the organisation
Desirable Experience & Skills
- Experience as a HR Manager or in employment Law
- Commitment to the highest levels of corporate governance
- An understanding of and commitment to our mission and values
- Awareness of challenges facing charities also an advantage
There will be eight board meetings a year, inclusive of one full day Board retreat. Meetings are currently held online but some will return to in person. In person meetings take place in Aungier Street, Dublin 2.