Solèy Haiti are advertising for a board member to join their charity in a voluntary capacity. The successful candidate will not be assigned to a specific role, but rather will act as a general board member contributing across all aspects of the operation of the charity.
About Solèy Haiti:
Solèy Haiti became registered as a company in May 2018 and officially became a registered charity with the Charities Regulator in May 2019 receiving our CHY number.
Our mission is two-fold. Solèy Haiti’s mission is to empower 1) children and teachers through the placement of education and the school at the centre of community priorities and 2) families through the provision of safe and secure housing. This mission of empowerment is one which will continue to evolve in consultation with our local partners and community stakeholders as we build towards our three-year strategic plan for 2021-2024. New Board members will play a key role in the composition of this strategic plan.
The charity are seeking to grow their board and a prospective board member should preferably have a history of working in the development sector or with development issues. The board member would be required to attend a minimum of two board meetings per month. The board currently consists of the four founding members of the charity, who are looking to increase and diversity the input and knowledge of the charity to become a more effective board.
General duties of a Solèy Haiti board member:
- Compliance with Solèy Haiti’s policies, procedures and guidelines
- Ensuring Solèy Haiti complies with its charitable purpose
- Act in the best interests of Solèy Haiti
- Act with reasonable care and skill
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Provide insight and input into Solèy Haiti’s strategic direction.
- Assist in the formation and development of charity policies
Essential skills/qualities required for the role
- An understanding and appreciation of development issue and the development sector
- An understanding of and commitment to Solèy Haiti’s vision and goals
- Commitment to adherence to the highest levels of corporate governance
If you would like to join a growing, exciting new Irish charity and be given the opportunity to give your input and ideas to a number of development issues and planning medium and long term strategic goals, then we’d love to hear from you.