The Rehab Group is a charity that provides services for over 10,000 adults and children, and champions the value of diversity and inclusion for people with disabilities or disadvantage in their communities throughout Ireland and the UK. Our purpose is to empower those we support to lead more independent lives and play an active and meaningful role in their communities through the provision of high quality, flexible and sustainable services and opportunities.
The Rehab Group is seeking a Charity Trustee with a background in Fundraising, preferably with knowledge of the Irish Charity sector. If you have experience in this area and want to play a key role in championing the value of diversity and inclusion for those with disabilities, we’re keen to hear from you.
General Trustee duties of a Charity Trustee:
- Comply with the Charity’s governing document
- Ensuring charity is complying with its charitable purpose for the public benefit
- Acting in the best interest of the charity
- Act with Reasonable Care and Skill
- Manage the assets of your charity
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Inputting to the strategic direction, contributing with insight, oversight and experience of strategy formulation in other sectors.
- Policy and governance formation and implementation as required.
In addition, Charity Trustees are encouraged to participate in:
- Attend occasional events, training, and seminars
- Quality and safety Board walk-rounds.
- Previous managerial/supervisory experience would be beneficial.
- Senior level experience in a fundraising role.
There will be seven board meetings a year for the Rehab Group. There will also be a requirement to serve on one or more Committees / Subsidiary Boards which will add 4 / 5 meetings a year. Meetings are held in the premises of the Rehab Group, Park West, Dublin 12; some meetings are held remotely.