First Choice Credit Union - a financial cooperative with over €200m in Gross Assets – prides itself on offering quality financial services to members in Achill, Balla, Ballyhaunis, Castlebar and Swinford. Like many credit unions, we rely on the enthusiasm and skills of volunteers in order to achieve our goals and continue to deliver a strong service in our communities. First Choice Credit Union now invites expressions of interest for the role of Director.
Elected by the members, the Board of Directors is responsible for the control, direction and management of First Choice Credit Union. Directors will also be required to participate in committees. The role is voluntary in nature and non-remunerated. The role requires investment in time, energy and expertise. Training will also be provided, amounting to circa 8 hours + per annum.
The Ideal Candidate
We welcome people with a diverse range of skills, competencies, and experience in areas such as, but not limited to, Accountancy, Business, Finance, Information & Communication Technology and Legal. The candidate will:
- Understand the relationship between business drivers, their financial impact and overall value to First Choice Credit Union.
- Confidently evaluate financial plans and performance and ensure corrective action is taken where appropriate.
- Understand financial reports and be aware of regulatory requirements and the importance of accuracy and integrity of financial information.
Directors of First Choice Credit Union benefit from:
- The opportunity to gain skills and expertise at senior level relating to the provision of financial services;
- The opportunity to gain valuable board room and networking experience, which enhances career development;
- The opportunity to access supported further professional education opportunities;
- The opportunity to share their business experiences, leadership skills and management capabilities in a collaborative effort;
- The opportunity to become involved in various developmental and business projects;
- The opportunity to be part of something that works for the good of our members and communities throughout our common bond.
First Choice Credit Union reserves the right to refuse a person as a volunteer and where appropriate will give a reason for that refusal as First Choice Credit Union is bound by the standards of Fitness & Probity, issued by the Central Bank of Ireland.
If you would like to apply for the position of Director, please complete our Volunteer Application Form and return with your C.V. to:
Nomination Committee, First Choice Credit Union, Market Square, Castlebar, Co. Mayo or email: firstname.lastname@example.org