Monasterevin Community Centre (MCC) & Monasterevin Council Hall (MCH)
The Company is a Company Limited by Guarantee, registered under the Companies Act 2014. The main aim of MCC and MCH is to provide and develop services and facilities within community buildings, by generating sufficient income to make services viable and sustainable into the future. Income is generated by room hire , receipt of grants and fundraising.
- MCC and MCH now seeks to appoint A Finance Director who shall represent community and local interests in Monasterevin and the surrounding area.
- Directors are voluntary and unremunerated. The Finance Director should be an individual with proven knowledge in financial management or accountancy.
- Where, following an open invitation a surplus of applications is received, applicants will be shortlisted, and the successful applicants chosen based on the best mix of relevant experience and skills.
- Applicants for consideration as directors should have a track record in the governance of voluntary, community, non-profit sector organisations and / or social enterprise or similar experience gained in other sectors.
- To maximise the experience and support Directors can offer, applicants with suitable skills in, financial, business, legal and human resources are particularly welcome. A keen appreciation of and commitment to the highest levels of corporate governance is a fundamental requirement. All applicants must be over 18.
General Trustee duties of a Charity Trustee • Comply with the Charity’s governing document • Ensuring charity is complying with its charitable purpose for the public benefit • Acting in the best interest of the charity • Act with Reasonable Care and Skill • Manage the assets of your charity The Role:
Responsibilities will include the following:
To have a deep insight into all Financial policies and controls and propose any recommendations for change.
To have oversight of compliance and risk management in the organisation.
The Director will be appointed to the Finance committee and the board of MCC & MCH . Their role will be to evaluate and monitor the adequacy of Financial controls and procedures and ensure MCC & MCH is compliant with best practice principles. Have an overview of the finances to advise the Board on financial implications of proposals, cash flow problems etc.
Oversight of compliance and risk management in line with usual board responsibilities
To be an authorised signatory of the Charity.
There will be 4 board meetings and 4 sub-committee meetings a year. Meetings are held in the Monasterevin Community Centre or by Zoom. Meetings are held 1st Wednesday of every Month at 8.15 -9.30