Men’s Aid Ireland is the only dedicated national service supporting men and their families experiencing Domestic Violence including coercive control in Ireland. Our professional and qualified support team have years of experience in supporting men and families experiencing domestic abuse.
- National Confidential Helpline – 01 554 3811 Monday- Friday 9am -5pm, Saturday & Sunday 10am -2pm
- Legal information clinic – Information about Safety Orders, Protection Orders, Barring Orders.
- One to one practical support – Explaining Court Paperwork, Safety Planning, Care plans
- Counselling – By Telephone
- Counselling – Face to Face
- Court Accompaniment – Dolphin House, Dublin & the North East
- Outreach Clinics in Monaghan, Cavan, Louth and Meath
- Certified Training – All areas of domestic abuse including coercive control.
General Trustee duties of a Charity Trustee
- Comply with the Charity’s governing document
- Ensuring charity is complying with its charitable purpose for the public benefit
- Acting in the best interest of the charity
- Act with Reasonable Care and Skill
- Manage the assets of your charity
Men’s Aid are seeking an individual with proven knowledge in financial management and accountancy.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- To have a deep insight into all financial policies and controls and propose any recommendations for change.
- To have oversight of compliance and risk management in the organisation.
- To advise in relation to Public Bodies and their provision of funding.
- To be an authorised signatory of the Charity.
- A Qualified Accountant, ideally with at least 5 years management experience.
- Experience of working in a finance role within the not-for-profit sector.
- Experience of dealing with Public Bodies and their provision of funding.
- Have the time and the commitment to fulfil the role.
- Have a desire to implement the highest standards of governance.
- Have excellent communication skills and be comfortable working as part of a team.
The Board meets monthly on the last Tuesday of every month. Meetings currently take place online. There may be additional sub-committee commitments for the Trustee.