Dance Ireland supports the development of all forms of dance in Ireland through professional development opportunities and advocacy.
We are Ireland’s national dance development organisation and, true to our origins, we continue to be the representative body for the professional dance community in Ireland.
We work with our Members and our Partners to progress dance in Ireland ensuring sustainable future for dance and a credible career for those committed to dance as a profession.
General Trustee duties of a Charity Trustee
- Comply with the charity’s governing document
- Ensuring charity is complying with its charitable purpose for the public benefit
- Acting in the best interest of the charity
- Act with reasonable care and skill
- Manage the assets of the charity
Dance Ireland are seeking an individual with proven knowledge in financial management and accountancy.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- To have a deep insight into all financial policies and controls and propose any recommendations for change
- To have oversight of compliance and risk management in the organisation
- Oversee the preparation of budgets, annual accounts and financial statements
- To be an authorised signatory of Dance Ireland.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- The candidate should be a qualified Accountant, ACA or CIMA qualified, ideally with at least 5 years senior management experience
- Commitment to the highest levels of governance
- Experience serving on not-for-profit, public, or private sector Boards of Directors or sub-committees
- An understanding of and commitment to our mission and values
There will be six meetings a year. Meetings more often take place online via Zoom. In person meetings are held in Dance House, Foley Street, Dublin 1.
Board members are asked to join a sub-committee where they feel they can offer skills, experience, time. Dance Ireland has three permanent committees: Finance, Governance and Fundraising.