Feach has recently registered with the CRO and this will be a brand new "start up" board. Prior to this, Feach was run for several years as a totally voluntary organisation made up of parents of blind & visually impaired children. Our focus is equality in access to education. We have a very active and engaged committee that meets on a bi-monthly basis during the school year. We are primarily a support group, however, as a result of shortcomings in the services available to our children, we have been involved in lobbying varying Government agencies on their behalf.
General Trustee duties of a Charity Trustee:
• Comply with the Charity’s governing document
• Ensuring charity is complying with its charitable purpose for the public benefit
• Acting in the best interest of the charity
• Act with Reasonable Care and Skill
• Manage the assets of your charity
Feach is seeking an individual with proven knowledge in financial management or accountancy.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- To have a deep insight into all Financial policies and controls and propose any recommendations for change.
- To have oversight of compliance and risk management in the organisation.
- To evaluate and monitor the adequacy of Financial controls and procedures and ensure the organisation is compliant with best practice principles.
- Have an overview of the finances to advise the Board on financial implications of proposals, cash flow problems etc.
Essential Skills/Qualities required for these roles:
• A deep appreciation and knowledge of the Community & Voluntary sector
• At least 2 years’ experience operating at a senior level
• An understanding of and commitment to our mission and values
• Commitment to highest levels of corporate governance
Note: Expertise in visual impairment is NOT a requirement for this role.
Board Meetings: There will be 4 board meetings annually. Meetings are held via Zoom.