Initiated in 2010 and officially registered as an educational center for Africa history in 2020, the Africa History Education Center for African Studies is a leading scholarly organization dedicated to the study of Africa continent. the center encourages and enables the production and dissemination of knowledge about Africa. The center provides scholars, activists, and other public figures with an infrastructure by which to conceive collaborations and develop research agendas. It also acts as a platform for political advocacy, building bridges between scholarship and public life.
ADCENTER is currently seeking an individual with an educational background for our project initiative AFRICA HISTORY EDUCATION CENTER FOR AFRICAN STUDIES
The Educational Policy Director (EPD) is a professional responsibility who performs services and duties in support of the mission of the organisation educational center. The EPD will support the CEO to manages the day-to-day affairs of the organization educational center and growth.
- WE are particularly interested in individuals with experience of education programme development
- Experience and designing and delivering education programmes for a digital environment in a virtual world.
- If you have experience in this area and want to play a key role in creating an inclusive society for all and changing the school system through an educational center
- He/she is responsible for serving as the organization’s educational center (OEC) official spokesperson
- Leading the organizations educational center fundraising/sponsorship activities
- Leading the (OEC) program or service delivery activities in accordance with established organizational policies
- Establishing and implementing programs consistent with the AHEC mission and in consultation with the Board
- Hiring, supervising, evaluating, and managing the staff of the Secretariat
- Developing annual budgets for approval by the Board and managing the organization’s finances to these budgets
- Providing reports of organization (OEC) and financial progress to the Board, membership, funders, and other key constituencies
- Selecting and contracting with consultants, professional service contractors
- Overseeing tax, insurance, and legal matters
- Negotiating and executing contracts consistent with the organization’s (OEC) mission
- Proposing amendments to the Policies and Procedures in accordance with board decisions for the AHEC
Key Duty : Human Resources You're responsible for maintaining a productive working environment, including timely evaluation and supervision, developing position descriptions and calendars of responsibilities; and maintaining compliance and regulations. The responsibility for affirmative action and equal opportunity.
- Experience with academic associations and with the field of African Studies, African Diasopra Studies, and African Studies centers and programs (Not Compulsory)
- Demonstrated experience as a non-profit/association manager, including budgetary, event, and program management
- Fundraising and development experience
- Excellent written and oral communications skills required.
- Graduate work in the field of African Studies preferred but not compulsory
- Knowledge and understanding of association administration, organization, coordination, facilitation, and/or report writing.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in the MS Office suite of software.
- Strong organization skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks without supervision.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Comfortable with web and CMS systems, technology, blogs, and social media platforms.