About the roles
- We are seeking to recruit a number of Directors, and expect that candidates will bring a range of skills and experience to KPFA, from the attributes listed.
- We are also seeking to recruit a number of Committee Members with various skills and experience to KPFA, from the attributes listed.
- · Commitment to the objectives of KPFA
- · Willingness to act as an ambassador for KPFA
- · Willingness to fulfil the duties and standards of conduct required of a Director of an organisation that has charitable status
- · Understanding of equalities and diversity issues
- · Experience of charity finance and fund accounting (for Treasurer role).
- · Fundraising (e.g. from individuals, partnerships with business and/or civil society organisations, EU funding and/or sales of goods and services).
- · Lobbying policymakers and/or business and/or representative groups.
- · Working for or with the following: managers and boards in all sectors & relevant structures e.g. remuneration committees, institutional investors, unions, NGO’s. Media and communications or PR, including social media.
- · Developing business models in organisations comparable to KPFA.
- · Board level experience, ideally at a charity or company of a similar size
Expertise & knowledge
- · Inequality (trends and developments)
- · Finance / business expertise
- · Charity sector / charity law and regulation / Governance / Compliance
- · Housing.
- · Ability to understand and interrogate financial reports
- · Strategic planning skills
- · Risk management skills
- · Analytical skills
- · Management / project management
- · Ability to operate as part of a team