The ISPCA are seeking to recruit a number of directors with a background in animal welfare and protection, particularly individuals with experience in veterinary practice or education.
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing input to the strategic direction of the ISPCA
- Policy formation
- Oversight of operations of animal welfare centres and Inspectorate
- Membership of Animal Welfare Advisory Sub-Committee
Essential skills for the role:
- Prior experience of operating at board/senior management level
- Commitment to the purpose and values of the ISPCA
- Commitment to the highest levels of corporate governance
- The Board meets 8 times per year on Saturdays in Santry, Dublin, for 2-3 hours.
- The Sub-Committee is in the process of being established and it is envisaged this will meet 3-4 times per year.