Job Title: The Director of Communications & Marketing
Role Description: The overall role of the Director of Communications & Marketing is to provide oversight on Club communications, both internally from the BOD and externally from the Club. The Director must ensure that a communications & marketing strategy is created and oversee its implementation across all levels of the Club.
Reports to: The Chairperson, RGC Board of Directors.
About Us: Renmore Gymnastics Club (RGC) is a not-for-profit gymnastics club located in Ballybrit, Galway. We provide recreational and competitive gymnastics training to children and adults. Our mission is to coach our members toward their full potential in a safe, fun and progressive gymnastics environment.
Who are we looking for:
We look forward to welcoming an enthusiastic and experienced volunteer Director of Marketing & Public Relations to join our Volunteer Board of Directors, in a time when we have just completed a rebranding of the club which is to be launched in the coming months. We are a club with over 1,000 members and operate across a range of levels from high performance to recreational. We would welcome a director with the relevant academic and networking skills in this field to help us to bring our new brand and the club forward as we continue to grow to be one of the largest providers of gymnastics training in the country.
- Develop and oversee and evaluate the implementation of an annual communications & marketing plan for the Club.
- To develop the Club as a brand in order to attract sponsors and to foster positive brand association and brand awareness.
- Co-ordinate webpage & social media account maintenance and audit content as required.
- Track and measure the level of engagement across all communications tools utilised by the Club, while ensuring that Club branding guidelines are adhered to across all media.
- Prepare and deliver press statements on behalf of the BOD as required.
- Source relevant training programmes for Club staff in order to allow them to perform all communications tasks efficiently and effectively.
- To identify and encourage participation of any qualified members or their families in marketing projects.
- Common Responsibilities of all Board Members: To adhere to the common responsibilities of all board members.
- Be employed in or have had previous employment in a professional marketing or public relations role for a minimum of two years.
- Have a proven ability of displaying good communication skills.
- Have a good knowledge of the RGC Child Safeguarding Statement.
Applications Process & Timelines:
Suitable applicants should submit a cover letter outlining their suitability for this exciting, rewarding and challenging role to The Chairperson, RGC at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 21 May 2021.
RGC is an equal opportunity employer and all applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.