Wildlife Rehabilitation Ireland (WRI) are looking for a Qualified Solicitor or Barrister with at least 5 years’ experience.
Expertise in areas such as Employment, Criminal and Commercial Law would be an advantage.
If you have experience in this area and want to play a key role in WRI, we’re keen to hear from you.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Inputting to the strategic direction, contributing with insight, oversight, and experience of strategy formulation in other sectors.
- Act as Legal Counsel, assisting on legal aspects of the organisation and pertaining to best practice.
- Assist with the creation of strategic plans which will comply with current legislation and practice.
General duties of a Charity Director
- Comply with WRI’s governing document
- Ensure WRI is complying with its charitable purpose for the public benefit
- Act in the best interest of WRI
- Act with Reasonable Care and Skill
- Manage the assets of WRI
WRI exists to promote wildlife rehabilitation, improve wildlife welfare and conservation in Ireland, encourage standardisation of care, support Irish rehabilitators, and provide continuing professional development opportunities.
From 2020 WRI will be progressing a significant capital project that will deliver the first wildlife hospital in Ireland. As a result of this, WRI requires Directors with experience setting new legal entities and managing & funding large capital projects.