Director of Leave No Trace Ireland ** Trustee with Communications, Marketing, Digital Media Experience**
Job description: Director of Leave No Trace Ireland
Leave No Trace Ireland is looking for experienced Voluntary Board of Directors to join our team and help us to advance our vision set out in our Strategic Plan. This exciting opportunity will allow the successful candidate to bring their knowledge and practical experience to bear in the field of social innovation and impact.
Duration: 3 years
Leave No Trace Ireland inspires responsible use of the outdoors through education, research and partnerships throughout the island of Ireland.
That outdoor recreation across the island of Ireland takes place in harmony and in balance with nature and that all recreational users value and support efforts to protect Ireland’s natural environment
About Leave No Trace Ireland:
This member driven organisation teaches people of all ages how to enjoy the outdoors responsibly, and is the most widely accepted outdoor ethics programme in Ireland. www.leavenotraceland.org
Broadening our Impact:
Leave No Trace Ireland is at an incredibly exciting juncture in its development with considerable interest in bringing the Leave No trace Ireland model to all stakeholders and groups interested in outdoor recreation in Ireland with an interest in protecting Ireland’s natural environment. To help us reach this next level and broaden our impact considerably, we are looking to expand our Board of Directors.
There are currently nine Directors on the Board of Leave No Trace Ireland
Function of the Board of Leave No Trace Ireland:
- Creates a clear, shared vision and roll out of Strategy for Leave No Trace Ireland and maintains a clear sense of focus.
- Makes sure that the organisation follows the law, does not stray from its purpose and complies with all relevant policy and legal requirements.
- Provides leadership for the organisation.
- Assists and supports the CEO to formulate policies and plans to bring about the organisation’s objectives.
- Approves all major contracts and ensures accountability to stakeholders.
- Ensures limited resources such as the finances are managed effectively. .
- Ensures an ethos of equality in all that the organisation does.
- Oversee the assessment and management of risks to the organisation.
In addition Board members should:
- Have 3 years proven experience at Board level in business, non for profit, social enterprise organsiations
- Be volunteers and not receive payments from the organisation except for reimbursement of Board-related expenses
- Have the knowledge and breadth of experience to guide Leave No Trace Ireland, set policies and provide periodic oversight.
- Should be comfortable with fundraising for Leave No Trace Ireland and open the doors to funding.
- Be a good team player and communicator and team player
- Understand company law and legalisation
Details of the Director’s Role and Responsibilities:
For a three year term, you will be asked to:
• Champion the organisation and invite others to engage.
• Invest with commensurate commitment.
• Provide expertise and advise when needed.
• Be a passionate and committed advocate for Leave No Trace Ireland
• Take directorial oversight over an area of Leave No Trace Ireland operations and report to Board at each meeting
• Input in to the strategic development of the organisation.
• Attend five Board meetings and one Annual General Meeting per annum. Most meetings will be held in Dublin.
We are looking for an exceptional individual:
• Who has experience at board level in business, not-for-profit or social enterprise
• Who is passionately interested in the questions that Leave No Trace raises and the solutions we offer.
• Who has ethical fibre and empathy. Who is trustworthy, has vision and high standards.
• In particular we are looking for Directors with experience or skillsets in the following areas:
- Digital Media
- Strategic Communications
- Senior Education Management
- Senior Researcher or lecturer in Environmental or Outdoor Recreation
- Financial Management
To apply: Please send an expression of interest with your CV to the Company Secretary (email@example.com)