Fundraising & Development
Title: Member of the Board of Directors – Fundraising & Development
Accountable to: Chairperson and Board of Directors
Status: Unpaid voluntary role, 3-year term
Summary of role
Together-Razem Centre is seeking to recruit a new member of the board of directors with s responsible for leading and developing all fundraising strategies and policies to maximize donor outreach and support.
The candidate should ideally have high-level of Fundraising expertise and experience, and a knowledge of the not for profit or related sector.
The Director of Fundraising & Development is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of Together-Razem’s fundraising.
The Director works closely with The Executive Director and the Board of Directors in all development and fund raising endeavors.
Every board member has the following responsibilities:
• Commitment to the development of the Together-Razem Centre and support for its vision, mission, values and objectives – which the board members will be responsible for setting
• Shaping the strategy of Together-Razem Centre
• Acting in the interests of Together-Razem Centre at all time in relation to assets, property, statutory obligations and management requirements
• Ensuring Together-Razem Centre complies with relevant legal requirements
• Developing and monitoring internal systems that are transparent and accountable to stakeholders
• Formally registering conflicts of interest or loyalty with the board
• Not accepting gifts or gifts in kind in the capacity of board member
• At all times, acting with integrity and upholding the interests of the organisation
• Championing Together-Razem Centre
• Promoting the reputation of Together-Razem Centre and not bringing the reputation of the organisation into disrepute
Additional duties specific to the Fundraising and Development role:
- To have a substantial background as a senior charity Fundraiser with a sound understanding and experience of charity fundraising at strategic and operational levels.
- Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
- Oversee creation of publications to support fund raising activities
- Bring overall leadership and drive as a member of the Board of Directors of Together-Razem with the responsibility to ensuring the development of the overall governance of the charity’s fundraising functions, working closely with the CEO.
- Development of a fundraising subcommittee
- Research prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them.
- Research prospect fundraising campaigns
- Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about the Together-Razem work with the community.
Essential Experience, Skills and Personal Qualities:
• Minimum five years’ professional experience in a professional fundraising role in the private, non-profit or public sector
• Have the desire to get out of the office and build external relationships.
• Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers.
• Understanding of the community and voluntary sector
• Recognition of the importance of supporting
• Strong communication and listening skills
• Able to manage a wide variety of situations in a meeting and ensure that the outcomes are in the best interest of the organisation
• Commitment to the vision and mission of Together-Razem Centre
Desirable Experience, Skills and Personal Qualities:
• Board level experience in the non-profit sector
• Experience establishing a non-profit organisation in Ireland
• Knowledge of the 2014 Companies Act
• Knowledge of the 2009 Charities Act