Feach has recently registered with the CRO and this will be a brand new "start up" board. Prior to this, Feach was run for several years as a totally voluntary organisation made up of parents of blind & visually impaired children. Our focus is equality in access to education. We have a very active and engaged committee that meets on a bi-monthly basis during the school year. We are primarily a support group, however, as a result of shortcomings in the services available to our children, we have been involved in lobbying varying Government agencies on their behalf.
General Trustee duties of a Charity Trustee:
• Comply with the Charity’s governing document
• Ensuring charity is complying with its charitable purpose for the public benefit
• Acting in the best interest of the charity
• Act with Reasonable Care and Skill
• Manage the assets of your charity
Feach is seeking a trustee with a background in the Social Sector. The Board are particularly interested in individuals with recent and relevant experience in/or knowledge of community-based organisations.
Responsibilities will include the following:
• Providing input to the strategic direction of the organisation and contributing with insight, oversight and experience of strategy formulation in the social sector.
• Policy formation and implementation as required
• Advice on sourcing and applying for grants.
Essential Skills/Qualities required for these roles:
• A deep appreciation and knowledge of the Community & Voluntary sector
• At least 2 years’ experience operating at a senior level
• An understanding of and commitment to our mission and values
• Commitment to highest levels of corporate governance
Note: Expertise in visual impairment is NOT a requirement for this role.
Board Meetings: There will be 4 board meetings annually. Meetings are held via Zoom.