Cork Nature Network is a national based NGO that started in 2015 and is growing year by year. We are looking for a board member to as Conservation Director. The role will be to assist the chair on overseeing Cork Nature Network nature projects. The director will:
- Comply with the Charity’s governing document
- Ensuring charity is complying with its charitable purpose for the public benefit
- Acting in the best interest of the charity
- Act with Reasonable Care and Skill
- Manage the assets of your charity
- To have an understanding of conservation and ecological policies and European Directives that impact upon nature conservation in Ireland
Desired qualifications or work experience
- To have experience in ecological assessments
- To have experience in conducting nature surveys
- To have project management experience
- To have a degree or similar in zoology
To attend the board meetings in person or visual presence. There are approximately 4 board meetings per year.
We are a registered charity with over 40 volunteers. Our aims are to promote and encourage awareness for the protection of wildlife species and habitats in Ireland. Further information can be found at www.corknaturenetwork.ie.