Barnstorm Theatre Company in Kilkenny is searching for a Company Secretary
Founded in Kilkenny in 1991, Barnstorm Theatre Company creates and presents quality theatre for, and with children, young people and adults. We engage the transformative potential of theatre for the benefit of our audiences and communities.
We are looking for people who are committed to a vision that everyone has a right to a cultural identity. People who want to put theatre, audiences and communities at the centre of conversations about the kind of world we want to live in.
Barnstorm Theatre Company are now seeking a Company Secretary. The company secretary provides comprehensive legal and administrative support and guidance to the Board. If you have experience in this area and want to play a role in Barnstorm we are keen to hear from you.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Inputting to the strategic direction, contributing with insight, oversight and experience of strategy formulation in other sectors.
- Responsibility to ensure that the company complies with all relevant statutory and regulatory requirements
- Follow up on decisions taken at meetings in consultation with the chairperson
- Ensure the taking of Minutes at Board meetings and make sure these are kept in a Minutes Book and circulated to other members of the Board as soon as possible after the meeting,
- Ensure membership records are up to date.
- The Company Secretary role is supported the General Manager
Barnstorm Theatre Company is a registered charity, and this is a voluntary, unpaid position. The Board of Directors meets 4-6 times per year plus the AGM. Board members are expected to contribute to the ongoing development of the organisation and attend additional events where possible. For further information on the current makeup of Barnstorm Theatre Company’s Board of Directors and policies click here
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply we ask applicants to submit a comprehensive CV or biography (a statement outlining your roles, responsibilities and achievements in the organisations in which you currently and previously worked). For a confidential conversation please contact Barnstorm’s General Manager, Anja Terpstra by emailing email@example.com