The Company Secretary has the principal function of ensuring that the company’s affairs are conducted in accordance with the law and the company’s own regulations.
Duties of the Secretary
- Prepare an agenda in conjunction with Chairperson and Coordinator
- Attend and minute meetings
- Maintain the minute book
- Record and ensure that directors’ interests are disclosed at meetings
- Ensure that the correct procedures are followed.
- Ensure that the company is compliant with the Memorandum and Articles of Association & that amendments are drafted and incorporated in accordance with correct procedures.
- The Secretary will be responsible for the holding of a register of Members & Directors and will also ensure that an annual report and annual audited accounts are produced to comply with relevant legislation.
- The company seal shall be used only with the authority of the directors or of a committee of Directors authorized by the Directors on that behalf & every instrument to which the seal is affixed shall be signed by a Director & shall be countersigned by the Secretary or by a second Director or some other person appointed by the Directors for that purpose.