Age Action is the national charity which promotes positive ageing and better policies and services for older people. Working with, and on behalf of, older people we aim to make Ireland the best place in the world in which to grow older.
General Trustee duties of a Charity Trustee
- Comply with the Charity's governing document
- Ensuring charity is complying with its charitable purpose for the public benefit
- Acting in the best interest of the charity
- Act with Reasonable Care and Skill
- Support collective responsibility of Board
Age Action are seeking a Company Secretary and trustee for the Board. The company secretary provides oversight of the AGM process and ensures compliance with the organisations constitution.
If you have legal experience in this area and want to play a role in Age Action, we are keen to hear from you.
- Legal qualification/background or considerable experience in Company Secretary role.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Inputting to the strategic direction, contributing with insight, oversight and experience of strategy formulation in other sectors.
- Supports the executive to ensure an effective AGM and oversees compliance with organisation constitution in this regard.
- Ensure the taking of Minutes at Board meetings and make sure these are kept in a Minutes Book and circulated to other members of the Board as soon as possible after the meeting,
- Participates on Nominations Committee (occasional meetings) and Gov & Risk Committee (meets every six weeks approx.)
There will be approx. 8 board meetings and 8 sub-committee meetings a year. Meetings are held online or in Dublin City centre