Volunteer – Call for experienced Company Secretary
Catholic Institute for Deaf People (CIDP) is a non-profit charity enabling the Deaf Community and Deaf people generally to achieve their full potential and to have equality of access and opportunity in all aspects of their lives.
CIDP focuses on the areas of education, care and pastoral work.
The company secretary provides comprehensive legal and administrative support and guidance to the board of CIDP. If you have experience in this area and want to play a role in the not for profit sector we would be very keen to hear from you.
Responsibilities will include:
- Attend Board meetings
- Take minutes of meetings in standard format agreed at Board
- Schedule and make arrangements for the AGM
- Ensure all filings for Charity regulatory purposes are carried out
- Adhere to Company Registration office requirements
- Confirm and oversee CIDP arrangements for Corporate Records
CIDP will expect any person undertaking the role to act in the best interests of the company, act with reasonable care and skill and maintain the confidentiality of Board proceedings.
The board meet 6-7 times per year inclusive of the AGM. Meetings last approx 2 1/2 hours and are held on Monday evenings in Dublin. Due to the global pandemic meetings are currently held virtually.