Seal Rescue Ireland is seeking a Company Secretary. The company secretary provides comprehensive legal and administrative support and guidance to the board of trustees. If you have experience in this area and want to play a role with Seal Rescue Ireland we’re keen to hear from you.
General Trustee duties of a Charity Trustee:
- Comply with the Charity’s governing document
- Ensuring charity is complying with its charitable purpose for the public benefit
- Acting in the best interest of the charity
- Act with Reasonable Care and Skill
- Manage the assets of your charity
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Inputting to the strategic direction, contributing with insight, oversight and experience of strategy formulation in other sectors.
- Responsibility to ensure that the company complies with all relevant statutory and regulatory requirements
- Oversee administrative duties, such as taking agenda items and preparing and circulating the agenda and any other papers
- Follow up on decisions taken at meetings in consultation with the chairperson
- Ensure the taking of Minutes at Board meetings and make sure these are kept in a Minutes Book and circulated to other members of the Board as soon as possible after the meeting
- Ensure membership records are up to date.