CDI is funded under the Government’s Area Based Childhood Programme (ABC), which builds on the learning to date from the Prevention and Early Intervention Programmes (PEIP). The initiative aims to break the cycle of child poverty in areas where it is most deeply entrenched and to improve the outcomes for children and young people where these are currently significantly poorer than they are for children and young people living elsewhere in the Irish State.
Based in Tallaght West, CDI was initially established through a partnership between the Department of Children and Youth Affairs (DCYA) and The Atlantic Philanthropies (AP), under the PEIP, which was set up with “the objective of testing innovative ways of delivering services and early interventions for children and young people, including the wider family and community settings,” (DCYA, 2011).Through innovative partnerships, CDI brings together the science of evidenced-based practice and rigorous evaluation, with the spirit of an approach focused on the identified needs of children and families.
We design, deliver and evaluated a suite of programmes across a spectrum of local needs including language, literacy, health, early years, conflict management and community safety. All CDI programmes are evidence-informed and manualised, and are delivered through existing structures and services.
CDI is now looking for suitably experienced, socially minded and committed individuals to join its Communications committee. We are specifically seeking someone with expertise in influencing policy and public relations who can guide our communications staff and advise on how best to target our social media content and digital marketing plan within the context of our resources.
The Communications committee will meet quarterly to:
- Develop and implement a communications strategic plan which is in line with and supports the goals of the organisations strategy 2021-2024;
- The communications strategy will be underpinned by the vision, mission, and values of CDI;
- Set targets, monitor progress on this plan and realign goals accordingly;
- Advise on communications activities;
- Support the development of effective links, networks and resources;
- Advise and guide CDI’s communications function;
- Advise on progressing any actions decided;
- Identify potential barriers and solutions;
- Identify and maximise PR, advocacy, lobbying opportunities;
- Consolidate and enhance brand and branding.
The communications committee will:
- Report to the Board on quarterly, annual and three-year targets, progress and issues arising and any additional information;
- Make recommendations to the Board.
The Communications committee will consider the communications activities to include:
- Internal and external
- Social media
Experience and Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
Experience with influencing policy and public relations
- Experience with one or more of the following
- Marketing, particularly digital
- Digital and social media
- Public relations
- Print and digital media
- Corporate social responsibility
- Non profit communications and advocacy
- Communicating with and disseminating information to a variety of stakeholders (service users, national organisations, policy makers)
- Board level experience either as part of a charity or public sector
As part of the role, CDI hopes that you could contribute to the following
- Work with the CDI communications team and committee to promote the mission and values of CDI;
Inform CDI's public relations activities aimed at influencing local, national and international policy and practice;
- Advise on the continuing development of the CDI digital presence (including but not limited to social media, website, email, etc.);
- Advise on how to run effective fundraising and digital marketing campaigns;
- Attend biannual meetings with the communications team and Board Subcommittee;
- Help with the development and implementation of a social media strategy to benefit CDI’s public identity;
- Identify resources and connections that would benefit the CDI communications team.