As part of The Donkey Sanctuary (UK) charity group Donkey Sanctuary Ireland's aim is to help many more of the tens of millions of donkeys and mules worldwide through field projects, research and advocacy work promoting lasting collaborations with communities, partner NGOs, governments, the media and public. We need strategic thinkers with strong communication and we need people of integrity with a strong commitment to our aims and a collaborative approach.In return you will be joining a Board with a genuine desire to make a difference.
Donkey Sanctuary Ireland are seeking to recruit three trustees for the Board with skills and/or expertise in Finance, Marketing, Fundraising and Veterinary Practice.
It is a requirement that candidates have previous Board experience.
General Trustee duties of a Charity Trustee
· Comply with the Charity’s governing document
· Ensuring charity is complying with its charitable purpose for the public benefit
· Acting in the best interest of the charity
· Act with Reasonable Care and Skill
· Manage the assets of your charity
Responsibilities will include the following:
·Providing input to the strategic direction of the Not-For-Profit and contributing with insight, oversight, and experience of strategy formulation in the sector.
· Policy formation and implementation as required
Essential Skills/Qualities required for these roles:
· A deep appreciation and knowledge of the Not-For-Profit sector
· An understanding of and commitment to our mission and values
· Commitment to highest levels of corporate governance
There will be approximately four board meetings a year. Meetings are held in Dublin and Cork. After attendance to at least two meetings face-to-face, virtual attendance at meetings is a possibility.
The role of trustee is a voluntary position and is therefore not remunerated, but reasonable travel and other expenses incurred as part of the role will be reimbursed.
If you are an experienced individual with a passion for animal welfare, we are keen to hear from you.