Brain Tumour Ireland are seeking a Charity trustee with a Legal and/or HR background. If you have experience in this area and want to play a key role in raising awareness of brain tumours, and advocate for Ireland to be a world leader in brain tumour research, diagnosis, treatment and care we’re keen to hear from you.
General Trustee duties of a Charity Trustee
- Comply with the Charity’s governing document
- Ensuring charity is complying with its charitable purpose for the public benefit
- Acting in the best interest of the charity
- Act with Reasonable Care and Skill
- Manage the assets of your charity
Responsibilities of a Legal and/or HR Charity Trustee include the following:
- Inputting to the strategic direction, contributing with insight, oversight, and experience of strategy formulation in other sectors.
- Act as Legal Counsel, assisting on legal aspects of the organisation and pertaining to best practice
- Assist with the creation of strategic plans which will comply with current legislation and practice
- A Qualified Solicitor or Barrister with at least 2 years’ experience. Expertise in areas such as Employment and Commercial Law would be an advantage.
- Experience in HR in a commercial and charity organisation.
- An understanding of and commitment to our mission and values
- Commitment to highest levels of corporate governance
It is our intention that the appointee will also have a role in supporting/line managing the part-time member of staff.
There will be four Quarterly Board meetings a year. Board meetings are normally held in Dublin, the Board are currently meeting online given current circumstances.