Finglas Community Playgroups Association Limited has been serving the Finglas community since November 1974. There are currently five well established playgroups, in the Finglas and Glasnevin area. We are community-based service and a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee, with charitable status.
General Trustee duties of a Charity Trustee
- Comply with the Charity’s governing document.
- Ensuring charity is complying with its charitable purpose for the public benefit.
- Acting in the best interest of the charity
- Act with Reasonable Care and Skill
- Manage the assets of the charity.
Finglas Community Playgroups Association are seeking to add Board Director/Charity Trustees. The Board are particularly interested in individuals with recent and relevant experience in/or knowledge of community-based organisations.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Providing input to the strategic direction of the organisation and contributing with insight, oversight, and experience of strategy formulation in the social sector.
- Policy formation and implementation as required.
- To oversee the management of the early year’s coordinator
- To oversee the Management\HR of the playgroups
- Advocate on behalf of the playgroups
Essential Skills/Qualities required for these roles:
- A deep appreciation and knowledge of the Community & Voluntary sector
- Experience in operating at a senior level.
- An understanding of and commitment to our mission and values
- Commitment to highest levels of corporate governance
Experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Understanding, knowledge, and experience of the community and voluntary sector.
- Understanding knowledge and experience of financial management (ideally a recognised financial qualification)
- Understanding, knowledge, and experience of HR, including performance management.
The Board meet monthly on a Monday evening. If you are interested in giving back to the Early Childcare sector at a strategic level, we are keen to hear from you.