The Board of Directors of Finglas Addiction Support Team (FAST) are seeking applications for an experienced and qualified person to offer their services in the role of Chairperson of FAST’s Board of Management. This is a great opportunity to be part of a leading Community Addiction service and an important voluntary role intended to ensure the governance of the organisation and the delivery of FASTs strategic plan 2022–2024 Creating Integrated Pathways: Recovery in Action! Collaborating to support people affected by problematic drug and alcohol use.
Finglas Addiction Support Team( FAST) are a not for profit organisation providing Community based services for individuals with problematic drug and /or Alcohol use and their families for over 18 years in the Finglas and Cabra Community .
We are a registered charity and engage pro-actively with legislation, standards and codes which are developed for the sector, the Charities Governance code, the Companies Act 2014 and the Charities SORP (FRS 102)
The Chairperson is a director and Chair of the board of Management and directly provides support to the CEO in delivering the organisations Strategic objectives.
- Enthusiasm for the mission of FAST which is to provide fair and inclusive access to high quality care delivered in a professional and seamless way to every person experiencing problematic drug and alcohol use. We will support every family impacted by problematic drug and alcohol use, so that everyone has an equal opportunity for recovery and to lead a fulfilled life.
- Have an understanding of the Community and voluntary sector and section 39 funded organisations.
- Previous experience on boards, ideally with some experience as Chairperson.
- A background in strategic business management, clinical services management or professional services.
- HR Skills and understanding of employment law desirable.
- Knowledge of the compliance environment that applies to FAST, a registered charity which must comply with the Charities Governance Code.
Main Roles and responsibilities
- The Chair will chair all meetings of the Board of Management (8 weekly) and will lead the board in its role in accordance with the company constitution and governance policies.
- Actively participate as a key member of the Audit, Finance and Governance Committee (AFG) every 8 weeks.
- Ensure the board of Management function appropriately, that all meetings are planned and prepared and there is full participation during meetings, that all relevant matters are discussed and that effective decisions are made and carried out.
- To provide leadership, be an effective strategist and good at networking.
- Advocate for FAST and have effective working relationship with our key service partners and funders (HSE).
- To be involved in the development of the Section 39 Service Arrangement to be submitted annually to the HSE (Addiction services and Social Inclusion).
- To attend any organisational events (estimated 2-3 per year) and be available to speak publicly about the work of the organisation.
- To be available to discuss issues as they arise with the CEO and the leadership team in FAST.
- To be aware of issues that might affect FAST.