Tallaght Childcare Centre as a registered charity is a not for profit early childcare & education service.
Tallaght Childcare Centre’s mission to be recognised as the number one provider in Quality Early Childhood care and education and we pride ourselves in that we have reached that standard in both our centers in Millbrook Lawns and Fettercairn in Tallaght.
Tallaght Childcare are seeking a seeking to recruit a Chairperson for the board. The Chairperson’s role is a focal one, both for internal and external purposes.
General Duties of a Charity Trustee:
- Complying with our governing document.
- Ensuring we comply with our vision & mission, for the public benefit
- Acting in the best interest of the organisation
- Acting with reasonable care and skill
- Managing our assets
The responsibilities of the Chair are as follows:
- The chairperson has a strategic role to play by communicating effectively the vision and purpose of the organisation, to ensure the Board functions well, that there is full participation at meetings.
- To plan and chair meetings in accordance with the company constitution
- To liaise with CEO and to keep up to date on the affairs of the organisation
- To bring impartiality and objectivity to meetings and decision making
- To ensure that decisions made at meetings are implemented
- To be aware of current issues that might affect the organisation
- To advocate for and represent the organisation at external meetings and events if required
- In conjunction with the board to recruit new trustees, plan for succession, and ensure board members receive appropriate support and development as required
- Make essential or emergency decisions between board meetings
- Address any issues with board attendance/performance
Qualities and skills required
- Good leadership skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Impartiality, fairness and the ability to respect confidences
- Ability to ensure decisions are taken and followed-up
- Good timekeeping
- Tact and diplomacy
- Understanding of the roles/responsibilities of a governing body
The board meet every 6 to 8 weeks on a Thursday morning in Tallaght. The appointed Chair will also be expected to join a subcommittee.