The Board of Directors of Sunbeam House Services CLG is seeking expressions of interest from experienced and qualified persons to offer their services in the role of Chairperson of the Audit Committee.
This is an important specialist, non-executive and voluntary role within arrangements intended to ensure best practice in financial reporting and internal controls in Sunbeam House Services CLG. The target group for appointment would include qualified practitioners and auditors with relevant expertise, have no conflict of interest and is available/willing to offer their services on pro bono terms.
The Chairperson will chair meetings of the Audit Committee, which meets at least four times a year and will lead the Committee in the discharge of its role.
- Qualifications: It is required that the appointee will have an accounting and/or auditing qualification and/or other relevant qualifications.
- Experience: It is essential that the appointee have relevant experience that would demonstrate her/his competency to effectively discharge the role of chairing an Audit Committee of an organisation.
- The appointee will have a record of achievement in interpretation and/or audit of financial statement and in discharging a financial leadership role in either a private company or public-sector body.
- Prior experience of financial reporting and compliance frameworks for Charities is not an essential requirement but could be an advantage.
- Independence: The Chairperson will not have any personal or professional interest or relationship which could conflict with the unbiased discharge of the role.
- Judgement: The person should have sound judgement, and a capacity to chair meetings effectively and efficiently.
The mission of SHS is to empower people with the necessary skills to live full and satisfying lives as equal citizens of their local communities and as directed by themselves.
The ethos and philosophy of SHS is based on the following principles:
- the provision of support structures which are appropriate to the individual’s age and ability
- the provision of the highest standards of professional care within the resources available
- the promotion of independence, self-respect and individuality of the person using our supports
- the support of people as valued and active citizens in their local communities, through participation in opportunities and services for the benefit of the individual and the community
- the provision of supports to and for people based on Personal Outcomes principles of Basic Assurances, Shared values, Responsive Services and Community Life
- the support of personal preferences of people and facilitation of their individual choices; and
- the fostering of links with other organisations.
The objects of the organisation are delivered though the daily work of the staff and volunteers in SHS, in cooperation with the families and advocates of the people we support.
Funding for the organisation is provide primarily by the Health Service Executive, with additional funding received from the Department of Education, Wicklow County Council and contributions from clients.
Sunbeam House Services provides a wide range of support including residential, day, educational, training and employment support. These services and supports are provided in local communities and have been developed in line with government policy and the United Nations Charter for People with Disabilities.
Sunbeam House Services CLG is governed by a Board of Directors. The Board consists of 9 Directors, led by a Chairperson.
The day-to-day management of the Sunbeam House Services CLG is the responsibility of the CEO and his/her senior management team.
The Company’s appointed statutory auditor for the year ended 31st December 2020 is KPMG.
Expressions of interest will be assessed having regard to:
- relevant experience and qualifications; and
- availability and capacity to meet the requirements of the role
An appointment will be made by the Board of Directors.