Responsibilities of the Chair are:
- The Chairperson has a strategic role to play by communicating effectively the vision and purpose of the organisation, to ensure the Board functions well, that there is full participation at meetings.
- To plan and chair meetings in accordance with the Charities Governance Code and implement the requirements of the Code
- Ensure the board fulfils its governance role
- To liaise with the CEO and keep up to date on the affairs of the organisation.
- To bring impartiality and objectivity to meetings and decision making
- To ensure that decisions made at meetings are implemented.
- To be aware of current issues that might affect the organisation.
- To advocate for and represent the organisation at external meetings and events if required.
- There are six board meetings a year, AGM and one strategy review meeting a year. Board meetings take place from 8 am - 9 am and are held in the Smithfield area.
- Monthly meetings with the CEO.
- Participate in external events throughout the year and help raise the profile of Dress
- Participate in sub-committee meetings.
- Meet with the Dress team twice a year.