YMCA Dublin is a community-based charity operating as a social enterprise, providing services for children, young people and families. We are the second oldest YMCA in the world and 2019 saw YMCA Dublin’s 170th Birthday.
Built on a social enterprise model, all income we generate goes directly back into funding our local community projects and initiatives, youth work, PlusOne mentoring, community work, community childcare and community employment.
Since 1849 our approach has been to work through mind, body and spirit. We work in and with communities to support individuals, children and young people to develop the skills, experiences, relationships and behaviours for healthy, confident and successful futures.
Our vision is that we believe everyone should have the opportunity to belong to healthy, confident, secure and connected communities.
YMCA Dublin are seeking a trustee with a Business & Strategic Development background. We are particularly interested in hearing from candidates with experience in scaling up an organisation.
General Trustee duties of a Charity Trustee
- Comply with the charity’s governing document
- Ensuring charity is complying with its charitable purpose for the public benefit
- Acting in the best interest of the charity
- Act with reasonable care and Skill
- Manage the assets of the charity
General Responsibilities of the Business & Strategic Development Trustee will include the following:
- Providing input into the strategic direction of the organisation and contributing with insight, oversight, and experience of strategy formulation in the sector
- Policy formation and implementation as required
- To support leadership of the charity as they scale up the organisation
Desirable Experience & Skills
- Person with strong leadership qualities
- Experience of scaling up an organisation
- Strong strategic development skills
- Commitment to the highest levels of corporate governance
- An understanding of and commitment to our mission and values
- Awareness of challenges facing charities also an advantage
There will be eight board meetings a year, inclusive of one full day Board retreat. Meetings are currently held online but some will return to in person. In person meetings take place in Aungier Street, Dublin 2.