Cheshire Ireland are inviting applications for a voluntary board member who has expertise in the area of social housing and working with or on behalf of AHBs. Cheshire Ireland is a registered AHB with 180+ homes that were acquired/developed with the support of funding for social housing.
Cheshire Ireland continues to engage with AHBRA and is working to continuously improve and delivery upon its commitment in line with the regulatory standards.
This role will be central to the successful operation of Cheshire Ireland and in leading it to deliver upon its new strategy (currently being finalised). This role will also be a core element in securing Cheshire Ireland’s position in the voluntary sector, particularly in terms of the future of its housing and property portfolio.
The successful applicant will also be asked to chair Cheshire Ireland’s Housing and Property Board Sub Committee and as such will have the opportunity to use their skills and knowledge to benefit the tenants and people accessing Cheshire Ireland’s services.
- A background or qualification in the social housing sector
- Knowledge and expertise of the regulatory environment for AHBs
- Previous or current experience of serving on a board and/or similar committee structure and/or working with voluntary boards
- Experience of and/or demonstrated ability to chair a committee
Once you meet the required skills/experience listed above, you will be eligible to apply, however if you have any of the experience below it would strengthen your application:
- Experience or qualification in change management
- Knowledge or experience of care and support AHBs
- Experience in Asset Management.
- Financial experience
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 13/10/2023