Cill Dara Housing Association is seeking to strengthen its board through the recruitment of new members with skills in legal, finance, change management/HR and social housing.
Established in 1993, Cill Dara Housing Association CLG (CDHA) is a mid-sized Approved Housing Body (AHB) which owns and manages social housing properties located across County Kildare.
As we move to our 30th Anniversary next year, and with the recent approval of our new 3-year Strategic Plan, we are looking for people with the right skills, experience and commitment to join our Board of Directors to help us continue to move forward in these challenging times.
Our vision is to provide quality homes and services for people in housing need and we are proud to play a role in supporting the development of safe and sustainable communities.
Our organisation is currently in a period of change and having recently undertaken a skills audit we are now seeking board members with particular knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- Property/ Asset Management
- Social Housing
The board of Cill Dara Housing Association is responsible for setting the strategic direction of the organisation, overseeing the delivery of our strategic and business plans and ensuring good financial performance and governance practices. In this role you will help shape the future of the services we provide for our tenants and our investment in their homes. The board works closely with the association’s Chief Executive and the management team in setting and achieving the association’s aims and objectives.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experience serving on not-for-profit Board of Directors and/or sub-committees
- Experience at board level in strategy development and delivery
- Experience in strategic decision making
- Commitment to the highest levels of governance
- An understanding of and commitment to our mission and values
- Have the time and the commitment to fulfill the role and responsibilities
- At present the board meets in the evening, remotely via Zoom or MS Teams and on a monthly basis. A good internet connection is therefore required.
- It is intended that in the not too distant future the board will meet on a quarterly basis.
- Additional meetings may sometimes be held for specific projects such as strategy development, and sub-committee meetings.
This is a great opportunity to make a positive difference and contribute to the success of a local business with a strong social purpose. If you have knowledge and skills in one or more of the areas listed above we would be delighted to hear from you.
To discuss further or make an expression of interest please contact our Chief Executive by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit www.cilldarahousing.ie to read more about our organisation.