Apex, based in Letterkenny, Co Donegal, manages in excess of 200 homes across the county. We provide housing for families and single adults and supported housing for older people and for those with intellectual disability and mental health issues.
Apex is a not-for-profit housing association, led by a voluntary Board of Management working to social enterprise principles. We have “approved housing body” status with government and are accountable to the Regulation Office within the Housing Agency. Apex is an affiliated member of the Irish Council for Social Housing.
Vision and Core Values
Our vision and core values underpin everything we do as an organisation, both collectively and individually.
- For every person to enjoy great quality homes and support, in vibrant and caring communities.
- Common Good - This is central to all our services and policy development.
- Customer Focus - Putting tenants and communities at the heart of our services.
- Integrity - Ensuring our activities are open, honest and transparent.
- Sustainability - Offering value and quality in service provision while respecting the environment.
Board members undertake a vital role in meeting the challenges of governance and leadership within Apex.
We are seeking Expressions of Interest from individuals who share our values and who are willing to commit the time to support the work of the Association.
We welcome applications from those who can demonstrate skills and experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Housing Development/Procurement
- Strategic Planning
- Maintenance and Building Construction
- Business Planning
- Risk Planning
- Employment/Personnel Issues
- Our Tenants’ Needs and Concerns
- Media and Public Relations
- Housing Management
- Work in the Community
- Finance Management
- Health & Social Care
- Legal Issues
- Occupational Pension Schemes
- Diversity and Equality Issues
- Education & Training
This is a voluntary role; however all out of pocket expenses incurred undertaking the role will be reimbursed.
As a member of the Board it is expected that you will attend up to 10 meetings per year, as well as attending training and ad hoc conferences and seminars.
An Expression of Interest form, role description and additional information can be obtained by contacting Apex at the email below.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 2nd October at 12.00 noon.