Role Spec Dress for Success Cork
Dress for Success Cork is part of a global movement for change, empowering women to obtain better futures through sustainable employment.
Our goal is to help women access sustainable employment conducive to individual strengths and well-being. We work with women experiencing long-term unemployment or economic inactivity to help(re)enter the workforce. We provide a holistic, person-centred service on a standalone and collaborative basis with organisations such as, the Cork Traveller Visibility Group, Mna Feasa, Cork Simon Community, Good Shepard Services, Organisations assisting those in Direct Provision, The National Learning Network and Local Community Groups.
Women face complex issues when returning to employment - multi-generational unemployment, lack of formal qualifications or training, change in life or financial circumstances, prohibitive childcare costs are all barriers. Women are disproportionately affected by poverty – their jobs are the first to be impacted in a recession and the last to recover.
We work with our clients on a one to one basis in building lost confidence, CV writing, interview training (to include one-to-one; panel; Skype; telephone), styling consultations providing a workwear wardrobe for the clients’ continuous use, make-up and hair styling to further enhance confidence. All our services are provided by professional coaches, stylists and HR professionals, free of charge.
General Trustee duties of a Charity Trustee
- Comply with the Charity’s governing document
- Ensuring charity is complying with its charitable purpose for the public benefit
- Acting in the best interest of the charity
- Act with Reasonable Care and Skill
- Manage the assets of your charity
Dress for Success Cork are seeking trustees with a background in Finance, Law, Marketing, Fundraising and Event Management. The Board are particularly interested in individuals with recent and relevant experience in/or knowledge of community-based organisations.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Provide input into the strategic direction and continuous growth of Cork Dress for Success
- Play a leading role in annual planning and execution of fundraising to an annual target
- Represent DFS with organisations that work with potential clients and lead client acquisition efforts
- Develop an external communication strategy
- Oversee the management of the volunteers
- Provide input into the social media strategy and implementation to raise the profile of DFS
- Liase with central and local government organisations and agencies
- Participate as a rotating Chair with the other Board Members
- Help guide and mediate Board actions with respect to priorities
- Monitors financial planning and financial reports
- Performs other responsibilities assigned by the Board
Essential Skills/Qualities required for these roles:
- Share the vision of Dress for Success Cork
- A deep appreciation of the Community & Voluntary sector
- At least 2 years’ experience operating at a senior level
- An understanding of and commitment to the Dress for Success Cork mission and values
- Commitment to highest levels of corporate governance
There will be 4 board meetings and 12 sub-committee meetings a year. Meetings are typically held in the Dress for Success Cork office, of online.
Registered Charity: 20203865