Galway Dance Project (GDP) is is the main resource organisation for dance in Galway city, county & the region. It is seeking to expand its Board of Directors and to build on its current skill-set of board expertise as it enters into a new and exciting phase of development. GDP welcomes expressions of interest from individuals from the business sectors and the arts community to work alongside the existing board of six non-executive directors to support the executive in delivering the objectives of GDP as it enters its next phase of growth.
GDP invites applications from enthusiastic and committed individuals with a passion for the arts. In particular, we welcome professionals with experience or a background in finance, legal matters, not-for-profit governance, organisational and strategic planning, producing and/or venue management. We also welcome expressions of interest from dance practitioners and/or dance enthusiasts.
Responsibilities of board members include, but are not limited to:
- Attendance at a minimum of 4 Board Meetings annually in addition to the AGM. Dial-in is possible for these meetings
- Interest in inputting into the strategic development of the organisation with a view to supporting the development of a Strategic Plan
- Work with fellow board members to support the General Manager in their management of the organisation
- Become familiar with governance practice and the responsibilities of board members
- An interest in the arts and cultural sector and its development in Galway and nationally
- Previous experience as a board member of an arts or other non-profit organisation is desirable
- Business acumen and experience in strategic planning and development
PLEASE NOTE: Galway Dance Project is a not-for-profit organisation and these are voluntary positions. Board members do not receive payment for their services but travel and associated expenses will be reimbursed.
If you are interested in being involved with Galway Dance Project during its next stage of development, please outline your interest and suitability for the role to:
Sinead McPhillips, Chairperson, Galway Dance Project
Mobile: 086 631 9004
ABOUT GALWAY DANCE PROJECT
Galway Dance Project (GDP) is the main resource organisation for dance in Galway city, county & the region. GDP was established in 2011 to support the development of professional dance practice and dance as an art form throughout Galway city and county. We provide an on-going programme of classes, workshops and public events as well as providing production supports to dance practitioners. GDP is funded by the Arts Council of Ireland and Galway City and County councils.
For more see www.galwaydanceproject.com.