Step Up Ireland is a new progressive non-profit organisation that wants to empower adults with disabilities to set up their own businesses. We want to provide business courses that are tailored to the needs of individuals as led by them.
We are firm believers in inclusion, self-determination, social justice and Equality.
The role of Board member will be to help the organisation to further rights and equality for persons with disabilities.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF BOARD MEMBER:
- Act as a representative of Step Up Ireland with its vision to the fore.
- To be committed to social justice and have a strong drive for equality.
- Leadership Skills.
- Experience of equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Previous board member experience.
- Experience working for equality or rights of marginalised individuals.
- Business experience.
There will be a minimum of 8 board meetings a year. Meetings are held online with at least 1 meeting a year in Dublin City centre