The Role: Non-Executive Director of Business Development, Marketing & Communications
Enclude is seeking to recruit someone to fill the role of Non-Executive Director of Business Development, Marketing & Communications on the Board. The successful candidate will have an appropriate business qualification and have prior experience working in a similar role, either in a commercial organisation or another charity.
General Trustee duties of a Charity Trustee
- An understanding of, and commitment to, our mission and values.
- Serving as a trusted advisor to the CEO and Board members.
- Comply with the charity’s governing document.
- Ensuring the charity is complying with its charitable purpose for the public benefit.
- Acting in the best interest of the charity.
- Acting with reasonable care and skill.
- Managing the assets of the charity.
- Commitment to all legal and fiduciary responsibilities, ensuring compliance with statutory obligations and ensuring best practice in corporate governance.
Specific Responsibilities of this Role
- Provide input and support to the CEO and Board with the framing and assessment of business development models.
- Provide guidance to the CEO and Board on the continued development and enhancement of a marketing and communications framework and strategy to support the development of the brand and the organisation’s growth ambitions.
- Provide assistance to the CEO and Board to develop appropriate communications and public relations strategies and plans to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted stakeholders.
- Support with the development and monitoring of effective risk management strategies.
Essential Experience, Skills and Personal Qualities:
- The candidate must be a qualified business development/marketing professional, ideally with at least 5 years senior management experience in business development/Marketing & Communications in the private, non-profit, or public sector.
- Good business acumen and the ability to understand and frame service and growth models in the technology/digital sector would be helpful.
- Knowledge of non-profit sector would be advantageous.
- Strong communication and relationship building skills.
This is a voluntary role.
Directors serve a three-year term from the date of their appointment and are eligible for one additional term of three years. There are 7 to 8 board meetings a year which are scheduled outside normal business hours. In person board meetings are held in Dublin City with the option to join via video call.
We would like to hear from you if you think you can help us to build and strengthen the capacity of the non-profit sector. Please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is:14th June 2021
Registered Charity No. 20064006, Company Registration No. 442488