Step Up Ireland is a new progressive non-profit organisation that wants to empower adults with disabilities to set up their own businesses. We want to provide business courses that are tailored to the needs of individuals as led by them.
We are firm believers in inclusion, self-determination, social justice and Equality.
The role of Board member/Advocate will be to provide insight into the lives of persons with disabilities from first-hand experience. This person will help to provide a voice for persons with disabilities and ensure that different views and opinions are heard.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF BOARD MEMBER:
- Liaise with different stakeholders within the disability sector.
- To advocate for persons with disabilities to ensure that persons with disabilities are consulted around decisions.
- Act as a representative of Step Up Ireland with its vision to the fore.
- To be committed to social justice and have a strong drive for equality.
- Leadership Skills.
- Experience of advocating on issues related to the disability sector.
- Previous board member experience.
There will be a minimum of 8 board meetings a year. Meetings are held online or in Dublin City centre