Clanwilliam Institute is a registered charity, whose mission is to provide high quality and accessible services to the general public including systemic psychotherapy, low cost psychotherapy, professional training, organisational consultancy and research.
Clanwilliam is seeking to recruit a new Board member with specific experience in the area of Fundraising and Grant Applications. We are looking for a director to join our Board with extensive fundraising expertise, who is passionate about making family therapy available to all who need it.
You will be an active member of our Board, participating in regular meetings of our Board. You will also lead a fundraising committee and develop a fundraising plan with the Management Team. You will ideally have experience and expertise in philanthropy, state funding, corporate support and fundraising events and ideally you will have experience in the charity not for profit sector and have an interest in mental health and well-being.
The maximum Board membership is 7 Directors, including the Chairperson.
General duties: and responsibilities will include:
- Complying with the Institute’s governing document
- Ensuring the Institute is compliant with its charitable purpose
- Acting in the best interest of the Institute
- Acting with reasonable care and skill
- Managing the assets of the Institute
- Providing input to the strategic direction on the Institute and contributing with insight, oversight, and experience to strategy formulation.
- Assist with the creation of strategic plans which are compliant with current legislation and practice
- Assist on aspects of the organisation as relevant to experience pertaining to best practice
- Policy formation and implementation as required