Cheshire Ireland provides individualised, person-centred supports to adults with physical disabilities and neurological conditions in Ireland. These services are provided to people in a variety of settings including residential services, respite services and in the homes of people living in the community. The organisation is primarily funded by the HSE through section 39 of the Health Act 2004.
Cheshire Ireland is seeking to fill board vacancies with volunteer board members with specific expertise who will lead and implement the vision that all people using Cheshire Ireland services are supported to live their best possible life.
Cheshire Ireland is recruiting for a Board Director with a background in Financial Management or Accountancy. If you have experience in this area and would like to use your skills and knowledge to benefit Cheshire Ireland and the people it supports we want to hear from you.
Your role will be central to the successful operation of the board as Cheshire Ireland is one of the largest providers of residential supports for adults with disabilities in Ireland, and wishes to become recognised as a leader in excellence in this field, and a strong voice for the persons we support.
The candidate will have proven knowledge and experience in financial management or accountancy and they will be a qualified Accountant (ACA or CIMA qualified) ideally with at least 5 years senior management experience.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Sitting on the Finance and Audit committee of the organisation where their role will be to evaluate and monitor the adequacy of financial controls and procedures and ensure the organisation is compliant with best practice principles.
- Having an overview of the finances of the organisation in order to advise the Board on financial implications of proposals, cash flow problems etc.
- Having an oversight of compliance and risk management in the organisation and in line with the usual Board responsibilities.
- Acting as an authorised signatory of the organisation.
- Supporting the Executive Team and CFO in engagements with regulatory bodies and funders.
General Responsibilities will include:
- Comply with the Organisation’s governing document
- Committing to the highest levels of corporate governance
- Providing input to the strategic direction of the organisation
- Attend occasional events, training, and seminars
Board Meetings are held every six weeks. There will also be a commitment to serve on one or more Sub –Committees which will add 4/5 meetings a year. Meetings are generally held in the head office of Cheshire Ireland, Sandyford Industrial Estate, Dublin 18
To Apply or Get More Information:
Should you require any further information in relation to this role or Cheshire Ireland please contact Theresa Anderson, Acting CEO on email@example.com or 01-2974100.
Should you wish to apply please submit your application via the Boardmatch website or by sending your CV and a covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org.