Cheshire Ireland provides individualised, person-centred supports to adults with physical disabilities and neurological conditions in Ireland. These services are provided to people in a variety of settings including residential services, respite services and in the homes of people living in the community. The organisation is primarily funded by the HSE through section 39 of the Health Act 2004.
Cheshire Ireland is seeking to fill board vacancies with volunteer board members with specific expertise who will lead and implement the vision that all people using Cheshire Ireland services are supported to live their best possible life.
Cheshire Ireland is recruiting for a Board Director who has expertise in the field of advocacy and/or working to promote and protect the rights of people with disabilities or other marginalised groups. Cheshire Ireland’s vision, mission and values are underpinned by a commitment to a rights based approach and advancing this approach is a core purpose of the organisation. If you have experience in this area and a passion for the promotion of people’s rights you could influence Cheshire Ireland’s work and the sector more generally in a positive way by joining the Board.
A background in one or more of the following areas would be particularly desirable:
- Experience in representative advocacy either at an individual or wider level;
- Academic or lived expertise in the area of self advocacy;
- Academic or professional qualification in the area of human rights;
- Practical experience in challenging social exclusion and/or addressing inequalities;
- Experience in the area of lobbying.
General Board Responsibilities will include the following:
- Comply with the Organisation’s governing document
- Committing to the highest levels of corporate governance
- Providing input to the strategic direction of the organisation
- Attend occasional events, training, and seminars
Board Meetings are held every six weeks. There will also be a commitment to serve on one or more Sub –Committees which will add 4/5 meetings a year.
Meetings are generally held in the head office of Cheshire Ireland, Sandyford Industrial Estate, Dublin 18.
To Apply or Get More Information:
Should you require any further information in relation to this role or Cheshire Ireland please contact Theresa Anderson, Acting CEO on email@example.com or 01-2974100.
Should you wish to apply please submit your application via the Boardmatch website or by sending your CV and a covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org.