County Roscommon Disability Support Group CLG (RSG) is seeking to recruit a new member of the Board of Management with a focus on corporate governance. The role involves playing an active role in the organisation’s governance and strategic direction, while taking a leading role on corporate governance matters.
- Ensuring RSG complies with relevant legal requirements.
- Ensuring compliance with the Charity Regulator's Governance Code.
- Ensuring RSG is complying with its charitable purpose for the public benefit.
- Developing and monitoring effective risk management strategies for RSG.
- Developing and monitoring internal systems that are transparent and accountable to stakeholders.
- Providing general expertise and advice on all matters relating to corporate governance.
Essential Experience, Skills and Personal Qualities:
- Manager/Director in the private, non-profit, or public sector.
- Minimum five years’ professional experience in a corporate governance role.
- Strong business acumen and the ability to understand complex corporate governance issues and risk quickly.
To apply, please send your CV and a brief cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for applying, addressed to email@example.com. Please state “RSG Board Vacancy – CG” in the subject line of your email. The deadline for applications is 15th January 2021.